• When you apply for a KINTO Share Canada membership, create a KINTO Share Canada Account and use the Services (which includes the KINTO Share Canada website located at (the “KINTO Website”) and the KINTO mobile application (the “KINTO App”)).
• Over the phone or in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us.
We understand the importance of your personal information and take pride in our commitment to maintaining its confidentiality. We ensure that your personal information is collected, used and disclosed only in the manner in which you have consented. Our organization ensures that we meet or exceed the requirements of all laws and regulations applicable in Canada.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, using, disclosing, processing, and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is to not provide information to TCCI or not use the Services.
What is "Personal Information" and What do we Collect?
The “Personal Information” collected by TCCI may include information about any driving restrictions associated with your driver’s licence and your Motor Vehicle Abstract Report which summarizes your driving offences and convictions. If you are a ride hail or food delivery service driver, the “Personal Information” collected by TCCI also includes a finding of Pass/Fail with respect to your criminal background and police check, and your Private Transportation Company licence and proof of insurance. In addition, the “Personal Information” collected by TCCI also includes information about your use of the Services such as your geo-location and the information you provide in your responses to our survey requests and in any of your communications with us. It does not include aggregated information that does not identify you specifically.
How Do We Collect Personal Information?
We may collect personal information from you during the course of your application for a KINTO Share Canada membership and your registration for a KINTO Share Canada Account, and your use of the Services. By submitting information to us during the application and registration process and/or by using the Services, you consent to such collection and use of personal data.
We may also collect your personal information from third party service providers that TCCI has engaged to verify your driver’s licence and investigate your driving history (including by obtaining your Motor Vehicle Abstract Report (MVR) from federal and provincial authorities) and, if you are a ride hail or food delivery service driver, to investigate your criminal record (through the RCMP National Repository of Criminal Records and the Canadian Police Information Centre Investigative Data Bank and Police Information Portal). Your consent will have always been obtained by those third parties prior to their disclosing a finding of Pass/Fail to TCCI. Currently, these services are provided to TCCI in Canada by Checkr, Inc.
When you access and use the Services, we use different methods to collect your personal information, including through:
• Direct interactions with you when you provide personal information to us, for example, by filling in forms, uploading documents, or corresponding with us by phone, text, email, or otherwise.
• Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through the KINTO Website or KINTO App. Information collected automatically may include browser or device information, usage details, IP addresses, location information, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
• Automated vehicle technology. Information collected from the Vehicle during your use of the Services.
The information we collect directly from you on or through the Services may include:
• Information that you provide at the time of applying for a KINTO Share membership and registering for a KINTO Share Account.
• Records and copies of your communication with us (including email addresses), if you contact us electronically or in writing.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of the transactions you carry out through our Services, such as your reservation history, fuel purchases and updates to your account or payment information.
• Vehicle information such as fuel levels, vehicle voltage, current geo-location, mileage and time in use.
We may also collect information during our interactions with you for our mutual protection including, monitoring or recording your telephone discussions with our representatives for servicing accuracy, quality assurance and/or for training purposes.
Information We Collect Through Cookies
How is Your Personal Information Used and Disclosed?
We may use and share your personal information for the following purposes:
• To authenticate your identity, including by comparing the information you provide to KINTO Share Canada with the information on your driver’s licence and with the information about you held by Canadian credit bureaus.
• If you will be using the Services for commercial use as a rideshare driver on the Lyft platform in British Columbia, TCCI will provide Lyft with access to the name, address, cell phone number, email address, and driver’s licence information associated with your KINTO Share Canada Account. Lyft will use this information to verify that you are a registered Lyft driver in good standing, and to approve your use of the Services as a driver for Lyft. TCCI will also share the following information with Lyft whenever a reservation is created, modified and cancelled: User ID, Reservation ID, vehicle Licence Plate, and the Scheduled Start and End Time of the reservation. This information is used to add the applicable vehicle information to your Lyft profile during the reservation.
• To help us detect and prevent theft and fraud (including by sharing personal information with third party service providers).
• Account administration (including by sharing personal information with third party service providers).
• Administration of the Services (including by sharing personal information with third party service providers).
• To include you in any advertising or marketing campaigns in relation to use of the Services.
• To present the KINTO Website and KINTO App and its contents to you.
• To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account and the Services.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
• To improve our Services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our marketing e-mails.
We may also share your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TCCI, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and theft detection and prevention.
We will only collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent.
Your consent may be given expressly or implied, depending on the circumstances. In connection with your Application for a KINTO Share membership you will be asked to consent expressly to our collection of personal information for the purposes identified herein. In other cases, your consent is understood, such as when you respond to a customer satisfaction survey, or speak with our representatives after having been notified that the call may be recorded.
Customers who prefer not to have their calls recorded can conduct their business with us in writing or you can immediately advise the Customer Service representative that you do not wish to be recorded and we will ensure that procedures are activated to comply with your request.
You may notify us that you do not wish us to use your personal information for any purposes that are not required to supply you with the Services at any time by contacting us in any of the ways described below under the heading "How You Can Review and Update Your Personal Information". We will seek your further consent to any additional uses of personal information for which we have not obtained your consent previously.
Subject to legal and contractual restrictions, you may at any time withdraw or change your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information, or request us to delete it from our files. However, if you do not provide personal information required to supply the Services or withdraw or change your consent, we may not be able to provide the Services to you. Notwithstanding any withdrawal of consent, we may retain and use your information for account administration purposes, including collection of any amounts you owe us.
With Whom is Your Personal Information Shared?
For the purposes outlined above, we may share your personal information with third parties. We will not disclose any of your personal information to any other persons except with your prior express consent, or in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of one of our businesses, or as may be required or permitted by law.
Your personal information may be transferred to third party service providers that we use to assist in managing and processing your personal information. Our third party service providers are required to use, maintain and disclose your personal information only in accordance with our instructions to them and only on our behalf.
We will also share your information with Toyota Canada Inc., the dealership responsible for the Vehicle you use and our joint-marketing partners, all of whom may provide you with information about their products and services in accordance with applicable laws. You will be provided with an opportunity to opt-out of communications with our joint-marketing partners.
Does TCCI Transfer Information Outside of Canada?
The personal information that you provide to TCCI may be transferred outside of Canada for storage and processing. TCCI uses service providers that store and process your personal information on servers located in Canada and the United States. When TCCI uses service providers to store and process your personal information, TCCI's policy is to have appropriate contractual provisions in place with those service providers limiting the purposes for which your personal information is being transferred to them and stipulating security requirements for that information. Please note that the privacy laws in other jurisdictions may differ from Canadian privacy laws and in some jurisdictions your personal information may be accessed by law enforcement authorities or the courts. If you have any questions regarding our policies and practices relating to storage and processing of personal information outside of Canada, please contact us in any of the ways described below under "How You Can Review and Update Your Personal Information".
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal information?
We retain your personal information as long as is required for the purposes identified when you provided the personal information and for any new purposes identified by us and consented to by you, and for an appropriate time thereafter.
Under some circumstances we may anonymize, pseudonymise, or de-identify your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous, pseudonymous, or de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We protect your personal information using security systems appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. In our ongoing effort to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized collection, use or disclosure, we have put in place a number of safeguards including; contractual, organizational, structural and technological security standards.
How You Can Review and Update Your Personal Information
You may review, update or correct any of your personal information held in our files and your consent regarding its use and disclosure at any time by contacting us in any of the ways indicated below. Please note, we rely primarily on you to provide us with your most complete, accurate and up-to-date personal information and to inform us of any changes to your personal information.
If you wish to change your consent to our use and disclosure of your information, or if you wish to review, update, correct or have us delete your information from our files, please contact us by email at .
Toyota Credit Canada Inc.
80 Micro Court, Suite 200
Markham, Ontario L3R 9Z5
POSTED: February 10, 2021